Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Against Me! Forum

The Un-Official Against Me! forum, your best source for rare videos, songs and cool people.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Arizona Shooting

Go down 
+5
Knate
Johnny99
Tim
ThusSpokeYourFace
ashley
9 posters
AuthorMessage
ashley
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
ashley

Female Number of posts : 2267
Cool Points : 7777
Registration date : 2008-04-16

Arizona Shooting Empty
PostSubject: Arizona Shooting   Arizona Shooting Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 2:26 am

Rep. Gabrielle Giffords of Arizona was shot in the head Saturday when an assailant opened fire outside a grocery store during a meeting with constituents, killing six people and wounding 13 others.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/08/gabrielle-giffords-shot-c_n_806211.html

killed 9-year old Christina Taylor Greene
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/09/christina-taylor-greene-a_n_806314.html
Arizona Shooting Picture_54.spng_400_1000_0_85_1_50_50

Back to top Go down
ThusSpokeYourFace
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
ThusSpokeYourFace

Female Number of posts : 2322
Cool Points : 7994
Registration date : 2009-04-25

Arizona Shooting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arizona Shooting   Arizona Shooting Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 1:42 pm

This shit is bananas.

As much as I hate Sarah Palin I definitely don't agree that she and the Tea Party are somehow to blame for this. Some people are just fucking nuts.
Back to top Go down
Tim
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Tim

Male Number of posts : 4431
Cool Points : 10177
Registration date : 2009-07-24

Arizona Shooting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arizona Shooting   Arizona Shooting Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 1:46 pm

ThusSpokeYourFace wrote:
This shit is bananas.

As much as I hate Sarah Palin I definitely don't agree that she and the Tea Party are somehow to blame for this. Some people are just fucking nuts.

http://twitter.com/jennybloomer/status/24864477774090240
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Timsalabimbo
Johnny99
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Johnny99

Male Number of posts : 2868
Cool Points : 7811
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Arizona Shooting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arizona Shooting   Arizona Shooting Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 1:49 pm

The appropriate thing for her to do would have been shut the fuck up. Because anytime she opens her mouth she makes an ass out of herself.

But, in other news.. the mugshot of the dude who did the shooting is fucking creeepy.
what an asshole.
Back to top Go down
ThusSpokeYourFace
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
ThusSpokeYourFace

Arizona Shooting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arizona Shooting   Arizona Shooting Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 1:54 pm

Tim wrote:
ThusSpokeYourFace wrote:
This shit is bananas.

http://twitter.com/jennybloomer/status/24864477774090240

I loled
Back to top Go down
Knate
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Knate

Male Number of posts : 1902
Cool Points : 7518
Registration date : 2009-06-17

Arizona Shooting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arizona Shooting   Arizona Shooting Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 2:29 pm

ThusSpokeYourFace wrote:
This shit is bananas.

Back to top Go down
blake
Untouchable
Untouchable
blake

Male Number of posts : 490
Cool Points : 5685
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Arizona Shooting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arizona Shooting   Arizona Shooting Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 4:39 pm

I don't think the Tea Party and Palin are to blame specifically. but I think there has to be more behind a shooting like this other than being "fucking nuts".
Back to top Go down
blake
Untouchable
Untouchable
blake

Arizona Shooting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arizona Shooting   Arizona Shooting Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 5:03 pm

I love how your english is better than mine.
Back to top Go down
Aaron
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Aaron

Male Number of posts : 3490
Cool Points : 9216
Registration date : 2009-11-12

Arizona Shooting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arizona Shooting   Arizona Shooting Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 5:11 pm

You're pretty formal, it's awesome.
Back to top Go down
raptorsaurus
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
raptorsaurus

Male Number of posts : 3197
Cool Points : 8693
Registration date : 2009-12-31

Arizona Shooting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arizona Shooting   Arizona Shooting Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 5:42 pm

pizza wrote:
They don't teach colloquial at school so it's difficult to know what is actually common in spoken language and what is more typical for written language Razz

I haven't used the word "colloquial" since grade 12 english Razz
Back to top Go down
raptorsaurus
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
raptorsaurus

Male Number of posts : 3197
Cool Points : 8693
Registration date : 2009-12-31

Arizona Shooting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arizona Shooting   Arizona Shooting Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 5:54 pm

pizza wrote:
That's what I meant Sad

It's probably for the best to have really good english, you can probably write better than most kids. It's nice to read proper english every once and a while.
Back to top Go down
ThusSpokeYourFace
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
ThusSpokeYourFace

Arizona Shooting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arizona Shooting   Arizona Shooting Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 7:58 pm

pizza wrote:
Of course the Tea Party isn't responsible for someone's nuttiness. They are being used as a scapegoat here.

But whipping up hatred or holding banners on which Obama's head is earmarked for a target is definitely not useful in order to create an atmosphere in which political compromise is possible.

True facts son.
Back to top Go down
ThusSpokeYourFace
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
ThusSpokeYourFace

Arizona Shooting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arizona Shooting   Arizona Shooting Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 8:02 pm

blake wrote:
I don't think the Tea Party and Palin are to blame specifically. but I think there has to be more behind a shooting like this other than being "fucking nuts".

Well obviously it was politically motivated but shootings happen pretty frequently,and the bad economy just means an increase in violence, especially politically motivated acts of violence.

Back to top Go down
Aaron
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Aaron

Arizona Shooting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arizona Shooting   Arizona Shooting Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 8:03 pm

Don't everybody hate on me for this, but I can never help but feel sorry for people like this guy. I feel horrendous for saying that and feel even more sorry for the victims, but I dunno, reading about him, he seemed like a bit of a lonely guy who hated the world or something. This reminds me of when I was ten and felt sorry for Saddam when he got caught, but I couldn't tell why because he did so much wrong. The pictures of this guy from his mugshot compared with those taken just a few months ago are SO different. It seems like he was kind of abandoned and turned to drugs to numb it. Also, his parents must be hurting bad too.

I dunno, react how you want to that, it's just how I feel.
Back to top Go down
ThusSpokeYourFace
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
ThusSpokeYourFace

Arizona Shooting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arizona Shooting   Arizona Shooting Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 8:08 pm

He's a mentally ill 22 year old boy. I mean yeah, he's a total fuckass and he did a horrible thing, but I think to empathize with people who do horrific things doesn't make you a bad person it just means that you recognize that they're human in spite of the awful things they've done. So yeah, I know what you mean I guess.

Last edited by ThusSpokeYourFace on Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tim
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Tim

Male Number of posts : 4431
Cool Points : 10177
Registration date : 2009-07-24

Arizona Shooting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arizona Shooting   Arizona Shooting Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 8:09 pm

I get what you're saying, Aaron.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Timsalabimbo
Aaron
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Aaron

Arizona Shooting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arizona Shooting   Arizona Shooting Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 8:10 pm

I hate more than anything when people are all 'Oh, that guy is a monster, kill him, he doesn't have human rights.' Well... yeah... he does have human rights -- he's human. I think that's as much because I live in a family comprised quite a lot by racists and I hate it when they say all their ignorant shit. Know what I'm saying kinda?

Edit - You do, cool Razz
Back to top Go down
StoolPigeon
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
StoolPigeon

Male Number of posts : 6265
Cool Points : 10189
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Arizona Shooting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arizona Shooting   Arizona Shooting Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 1:44 am

I would liken blaming this on Palin to blaming it on violent video games. Rational people don't translate these things into actual violent behaviour.
Also, this:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-12158148
Back to top Go down
blake
Untouchable
Untouchable
blake

Arizona Shooting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arizona Shooting   Arizona Shooting Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 12:06 pm

That's a pretty interesting article.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Arizona Shooting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arizona Shooting   Arizona Shooting Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Arizona Shooting
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Against Me! Forum :: Other :: Discussions-
Jump to: