Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Against Me! Forum

The Un-Official Against Me! forum, your best source for rare videos, songs and cool people.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Members Only

Go down 
+15
Cenaco
nick gives 35%
alk3girl666
Johnny99
JAPSoccer13
scarlett
vb
AgainstTav!
arollo
lhdez
Patron
rosstbh
Ross
Gary - IRL
lex
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
lex
dictator bastardette
lex

Female Number of posts : 7833
Cool Points : 7589
Registration date : 2008-01-17

Members Only Empty
PostSubject: Members Only   Members Only Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 7:28 pm

So I had some people express concern over guests reading the forum, and now I have people angry that guests can't read the forum. I don't know what I can do to make both people happy, but I thought I'd ask opinions. Currently you can't read the forum unless you are logged in, I don't think it takes that long to log in so I don't really see why it's a huge hassle.
Back to top Go down
Gary - IRL
DEAR SHITHEAD!
Gary - IRL

Male Number of posts : 108
Cool Points : 5890
Registration date : 2008-03-27

Members Only Empty
PostSubject: Re: Members Only   Members Only Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 7:34 pm

I'd prefer if you allowed guests to read the forum. i'm usually at work or school, jumpin on different computers, so my log in info isn't saved. i used to read through a bunch of threads, then log in to post...

i mean, i don't think it's a big deal to log in, but why not allow guests to browse and read through the forum? --- i don't think we have too many secretive convos going on here lol
Back to top Go down
Ross
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Ross

Male Number of posts : 4628
Cool Points : 7872
Registration date : 2008-03-17

Members Only Empty
PostSubject: Re: Members Only   Members Only Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 7:47 pm

I'm on the fence with this one. It's nice to be able to read forums without having to join, for some people that encourages them to join cuz they can see what they're getting.

I can't think of a reason why they should be kept private, but for some reason I like the idea of it being an area kept for members only. Hrm.
Back to top Go down
rosstbh
From Her Lips to God's Ears
rosstbh

Number of posts : 241
Cool Points : 5891
Registration date : 2008-04-09

Members Only Empty
PostSubject: Re: Members Only   Members Only Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 9:00 pm

JamaicaSka wrote:
I'm on the fence with this one. It's nice to be able to read forums without having to join, for some people that encourages them to join cuz they can see what they're getting.

I can't think of a reason why they should be kept private, but for some reason I like the idea of it being an area kept for members only. Hrm.

Yeah, I wouldn't have joined if I hadn't of been able to read it first. Wanted to know if it was a good forum or another flaming ground.

However, with the myspace post you can afford to be more choosy, asking people to sign up isn' that big of a deal.
Back to top Go down
Patron
Untouchable
Untouchable
Patron

Male Number of posts : 366
Cool Points : 5921
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Members Only Empty
PostSubject: Re: Members Only   Members Only Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 9:27 pm

I'd say make it so everyone can view the forum, but members get access to certain forums (audio and video).

So pretty much... keep it like it was.
Back to top Go down
lhdez
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
lhdez

Male Number of posts : 787
Cool Points : 6023
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Members Only Empty
PostSubject: Re: Members Only   Members Only Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 9:40 pm

What patron said.
Back to top Go down
arollo
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
arollo

Female Number of posts : 2008
Cool Points : 5999
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Members Only Empty
PostSubject: Re: Members Only   Members Only Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 11:29 pm

Yeah, I'm with Patron.

Everyone can read, but only members can post or get at the Audio/Video sections.

(What if the band was curious one day? Do you want to force them to have to sign up to read the forum?)
Back to top Go down
lex
dictator bastardette
lex

Female Number of posts : 7833
Cool Points : 7589
Registration date : 2008-01-17

Members Only Empty
PostSubject: Re: Members Only   Members Only Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 11:29 pm

I've saved the username fluffybunny for Tom.
Back to top Go down
AgainstTav!
Dear Shithead
Dear Shithead
AgainstTav!

Male Number of posts : 23
Cool Points : 5709
Registration date : 2008-10-10

Members Only Empty
PostSubject: Re: Members Only   Members Only Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 2:41 pm

i think it should be members only
elclusive like

but thats just me. im new, what do i know

because people have pic s and links on here, so i think AM! forum members only. it would encourage people to join. i hate lurkers.
Back to top Go down
vb
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
vb

Female Number of posts : 1203
Cool Points : 6288
Registration date : 2008-03-05

Members Only Empty
PostSubject: Re: Members Only   Members Only Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 2:45 pm

I like the idea of being able to keep some things private, like video, audio, any messages from the band or whatever. It's too bad we can't mark individual posts or threads members only. I don't think it's that big of a deal; we could always keep it members only for a trial run and see how it works And if the band gets snoopy, they can always sign up with a fake name. Of course, now we know Tom's alias already.
Back to top Go down
Ross
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Ross

Members Only Empty
PostSubject: Re: Members Only   Members Only Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 3:04 pm

Zombie thread!
Back to top Go down

Members Only Empty
PostSubject: Re: Members Only   Members Only Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 3:13 pm

I remember we had it members only at one time and Lex would get weird messages from people bitching about it, because they didn't want to have to sign in every time they visited the forum. I don't know if the whole thing should be members only, a lot of people have joined after having a chance to lurk the forums a little and decide if they like what they see or not. At least lurkers can't see the video/audio, extra links, chatbox, or members profiles.
Back to top Go down
scarlett
narra's iGirl
scarlett

Female Number of posts : 833
Cool Points : 5797
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Members Only Empty
PostSubject: Re: Members Only   Members Only Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 3:18 pm

I'm always the first one to be elitist, but I say keep it open. If someone wants to steal audio/info, they'll find a way regardless.
Back to top Go down
JAPSoccer13
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
JAPSoccer13

Female Number of posts : 2125
Cool Points : 5982
Registration date : 2008-01-20

Members Only Empty
PostSubject: Re: Members Only   Members Only Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 6:17 pm

I want to say everything private just for the whole fact with AP stealing drumma's story and everything, but then again if everything was private like some people said new mambers might not join... I think more sections of the forum should be private, but not everything.
Back to top Go down
http://jordanparrish.tumblr.com
Ross
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Ross

Members Only Empty
PostSubject: Re: Members Only   Members Only Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 6:32 pm

JAPSoccer13 wrote:
just for the whole fact with AP stealing drumma's story and everything

Wait, what? When did that happen?

I'm still missing a few things after my absence. Anyone care to explain? :/
Back to top Go down
Johnny99
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Johnny99

Male Number of posts : 2868
Cool Points : 7811
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Members Only Empty
PostSubject: Re: Members Only   Members Only Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 6:46 pm

yahh drumma just posted about what warren told her about the bus accident, and within hours AP had a story out quoting her account from the forum.

damn the man.

im on the fence over the issue also though.
Back to top Go down
alk3girl666
alk3girl666

Female Number of posts : 213
Cool Points : 5861
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Members Only Empty
PostSubject: Re: Members Only   Members Only Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 8:06 pm

i could understand the reasoning either way.
i think a private forum would be cool though.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/_XriotgirlX_
nick gives 35%
nick gives 35%

Male Number of posts : 144
Cool Points : 5717
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Members Only Empty
PostSubject: Re: Members Only   Members Only Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 9:37 pm

maybe have some certain areas of the forum only visible by members. ? just a thought.
Back to top Go down
Cenaco
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Cenaco

Female Number of posts : 702
Cool Points : 5695
Registration date : 2008-10-11

Members Only Empty
PostSubject: Re: Members Only   Members Only Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 3:44 am

vb wrote:
I like the idea of being able to keep some things private, like video, audio, any messages from the band or whatever. It's too bad we can't mark individual posts or threads members only. I don't think it's that big of a deal; we could always keep it members only for a trial run and see how it works And if the band gets snoopy, they can always sign up with a fake name. Of course, now we know Tom's alias already.

I agree with her. Someone sent me the link for the forum and I was able to check it out a bit before I signed up and became a member so I think it would be nice for other people to have that opportunity, but maybe have some things private?

It's a bit hypocritical I know, but it's kinda nice to have a strictly private forum, too, haha.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/frigerofrero
StoolPigeon
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
StoolPigeon

Male Number of posts : 6265
Cool Points : 10189
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Members Only Empty
PostSubject: Re: Members Only   Members Only Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 10:35 am

I definitely say just keep Audio/Video private. I mean, I was kind of thinking maybe Spam/General Chat, due to people posting pictures of them and all that on there, but I think that you're taking a risk anyways, by posting them on the internet, in general.
Back to top Go down
Mark Narra
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Mark Narra

Male Number of posts : 2332
Cool Points : 6605
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Members Only Empty
PostSubject: Re: Members Only   Members Only Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 11:46 am

i own three members only jackets.
Back to top Go down
http://teachyourselfitsbeautiful.com/
scarlett
narra's iGirl
scarlett

Female Number of posts : 833
Cool Points : 5797
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Members Only Empty
PostSubject: Re: Members Only   Members Only Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 11:47 am

Don't you have a pink one?
Back to top Go down
Cenaco
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Cenaco

Members Only Empty
PostSubject: Re: Members Only   Members Only Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 5:20 pm

AnnaIsAFuckingStoolPigeon wrote:
I definitely say just keep Audio/Video private. I mean, I was kind of thinking maybe Spam/General Chat, due to people posting pictures of them and all that on there, but I think that you're taking a risk anyways, by posting them on the internet, in general.

yeah maybe tahts a good idea. I dunno...has anything changed since?
Back to top Go down

Members Only Empty
PostSubject: Re: Members Only   Members Only Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 6:50 pm

Nope. It's the same as I said before, the sections that are private are the video/audio section, extra links, the chatbox, guests can't view profiles or look at the memberlist and lurk somebody's old posts. I think it's fine the way it is, we get a lot of our users after they have a chance to check some things out and a lot of people sign up after realizing that they'll be able to look at the extra links section if they do.
Back to top Go down
Cenaco
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Cenaco

Members Only Empty
PostSubject: Re: Members Only   Members Only Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 6:55 pm

Smart move. And I agree it's best as is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Members Only Empty
PostSubject: Re: Members Only   Members Only Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Members Only
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Against Me! Forum :: The Board :: Forum Updates-
Jump to: