Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Against Me! Forum

The Un-Official Against Me! forum, your best source for rare videos, songs and cool people.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kinda newish? But havn't done this yet...

Go down 
+7
StoolPigeon
Daggar Slade
nick gives 35%
Kyle
Ross
Ana
Toadvine
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Toadvine
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Toadvine

Male Number of posts : 1167
Cool Points : 6921
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Kinda newish? But havn't done this yet... Empty
PostSubject: Kinda newish? But havn't done this yet...   Kinda newish? But havn't done this yet... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 8:12 am

Okay, been posting here and there for a while but figured I'd do one of these.
Hi, my name is Graham (like the cracker)
I live in Houston, Tejas
I'm 19 years old, have been listening to AM since I was 13, so, 6 years-ish, only started to going to shows recently and have a nearly crippling knee injury that keeps me out of the pitts and such of livelier shows. Should get surgery in september though to fix it so yay for that. I'm a huge fan of literature. Give me a book name and I'll set it in my line-up, though currently it's rather lengthy >_> but should get to any books by the end of the year as I do tend to go through them fast and since I'll be out of commission for anything involving walking for a month and a half in september, I'll rack up plenty of reading time.
I'm hugely into finding new music, so again if you got any suggestions don't be shy and definitely let me know, I'm extremely flexible in my tastes so don't be shy.
I'm a graphic artist, or that's what my degree is going to be in, and enjoy it immensely though I'm not really an art snob, I enjoy looking it at but I'm not all that into knowing all these obscure artists et cetera, but if you've made something cool or know some one who did, I'd love to see it! I'm immensely friendly, though I can be extremely quick to joke and have gotten into my fair share of fights because of my tongue, though I almost never mean anything spiteful by it, I just don't take myself too seriously and don't think other people should either, life is just so much easier that way.
Any one who is in Houston and needs a buddy to go to shows with and whatnot, I'm losing 'wingman' near the beginning of August so I'll be flying solo at shows otherwise.
Any way, wrote this at 7am after 3 days of no sleep so don't really expect anything too profound and thank my mac for it's auto spell-check feature, or else this would nearly be illegible. Just wanted to kind of put myself out there, have been enjoying the forum so far and plan to spend quite a bit of time here in the future.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/graham.taylor.90
Ana
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Ana

Female Number of posts : 4576
Cool Points : 8936
Registration date : 2008-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Kinda newish? But havn't done this yet...   Kinda newish? But havn't done this yet... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 12:29 am

Hi, Graham =)
Welcome to the forum. I wish you luck in your upcoming surgery. I also wish I had more time to read because that is one of my favorite things to do! Do you have work online that we might be able to look at? I'm studying Photography, but also don't care much for "obscure" artists like you said. You friendliness is apparent and thanks for starting that Blood Meridian thread because I am looking forward to discussing that book with someone!
Back to top Go down
Ross
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Ross

Male Number of posts : 4628
Cool Points : 7880
Registration date : 2008-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Kinda newish? But havn't done this yet...   Kinda newish? But havn't done this yet... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 12:43 am

I find you instantly like-able for a reason I can't pinpoint.

It all keeps adding up.
I think I'm cracking up.
Am I just paranoid?
Or am I just stoned..?

Either way welcome and hugs aplenty
Back to top Go down
Ana
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Ana

PostSubject: Re: Kinda newish? But havn't done this yet...   Kinda newish? But havn't done this yet... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 12:46 am

Neurotic to the bone, no doubt about it.
Back to top Go down
Kyle
thumbless wonder
Kyle

Male Number of posts : 3639
Cool Points : 7444
Registration date : 2008-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Kinda newish? But havn't done this yet...   Kinda newish? But havn't done this yet... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 1:17 am

High fives for the graphic arts bit.

I love the way things look, but the whole thing you said about being an art snob is way too true.
Back to top Go down
Toadvine
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Toadvine

PostSubject: Re: Kinda newish? But havn't done this yet...   Kinda newish? But havn't done this yet... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 1:18 am

Well I'm honestly pretty likable, though I can be a cynic and sometimes that turns people off, but it's evs. I don't have any like... one place to find my pictures or works of art. I did the little avatar under my name entirely on the comp with a photograph as inspiration, though it's still majorly a work in progress. I was supposed to start up a blog thing for my art but... I'm a massive procrastinator. If I do end up making one I'll surely post the link up here. And I'm super excited about actually talking to some one about Blood Meridian as apposed to me just talking at my friends about it while they play DoTA. I enjoy writing quite a bit as well... as you can tell by my normally lengthy posts (Normally I'm tl;dr but look towards the end for summaries). Kind of in love with my current rank, Walking Is Still Honest is probably my favorite song of theirs lyrically. So uh, yeah, thanks for the warm welcome and hugs back! And maybe check back here in a week, I might have my blog thinger up so you can see my work Very Happy
Back to top Go down
nick gives 35%
From Her Lips to God's Ears
From Her Lips to God's Ears
nick gives 35%

Male Number of posts : 144
Cool Points : 5725
Registration date : 2008-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Kinda newish? But havn't done this yet...   Kinda newish? But havn't done this yet... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 1:52 am

Yo!
Back to top Go down
Daggar Slade
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Daggar Slade

Male Number of posts : 2827
Cool Points : 7800
Registration date : 2008-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Kinda newish? But havn't done this yet...   Kinda newish? But havn't done this yet... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 4:44 am

TX represent! I've enjoyed your posts and what you've had to say. Maybe we'll meet at a show sometime. UP TEH(XAS) PUNX!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/daggar_slade
Toadvine
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Toadvine

PostSubject: Re: Kinda newish? But havn't done this yet...   Kinda newish? But havn't done this yet... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 5:20 am

Haha yeah for sure, though I'm not sure I can make any shows right now, knee keeps me from doing any sort of retail job where I have to stand for long periods of time or climb ladders, et cetera. But I make enough money to see maybe a show a month, if I'm lucky. But yeah! I'll post something if I'm going to a show and whatnot, glad too see a fellow Texan here, normally I'm alone on forums.
Back to top Go down
Toadvine
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Toadvine

PostSubject: Re: Kinda newish? But havn't done this yet...   Kinda newish? But havn't done this yet... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 6:56 am

http://thejudgesmiled.blogspot.com/
Thar she blow. Not a full set of my works, those are mostly on my external, but some samplers of more recent work and the video montage of my doomed project. Was going to send it off for state, but I had to burn the disc on the way to competition and alas a bump in the road rendered it completely worthless, so I showed up empty handed.
Back to top Go down
StoolPigeon
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
StoolPigeon

Male Number of posts : 6265
Cool Points : 10197
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Kinda newish? But havn't done this yet...   Kinda newish? But havn't done this yet... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 7:20 am

Hello, there. Welcome to the forum. You seem like you'll have some interesting contributions.
Back to top Go down
Toadvine
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Toadvine

PostSubject: Re: Kinda newish? But havn't done this yet...   Kinda newish? But havn't done this yet... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 4:11 pm

Thanks! I hope I put something interesting with all the posts I'm doing 0.o I don't sleep very much sooo I got a lot of free time on my hand, normally spent reading or watching movies, but I do enjoy this forum so it's been taking up quite a bit of that 20 or so hours a day average that I'm awake.
Back to top Go down
Tim
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Tim

Male Number of posts : 4431
Cool Points : 10185
Registration date : 2009-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Kinda newish? But havn't done this yet...   Kinda newish? But havn't done this yet... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 5:18 pm

Hi. I already gave you a wave, but I haven't welcomed you properly, so come here and I'll give you a big hug.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Timsalabimbo
Ana
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Ana

PostSubject: Re: Kinda newish? But havn't done this yet...   Kinda newish? But havn't done this yet... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 10:06 pm

anarchyintheUS wrote:
http://thejudgesmiled.blogspot.com/
Thar she blow. Not a full set of my works, those are mostly on my external, but some samplers of more recent work and the video montage of my doomed project. Was going to send it off for state, but I had to burn the disc on the way to competition and alas a bump in the road rendered it completely worthless, so I showed up empty handed.

Bookmarked. Like the song on the montage =)
Back to top Go down
Toadvine
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Toadvine

PostSubject: Re: Kinda newish? But havn't done this yet...   Kinda newish? But havn't done this yet... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 2:47 am

Heh thanks, it was kinda a last minute thing and I had been listening to a lot of Gallows at the time. I think it's Last Fight of the Living Dead. I'm trying to pull all my good stuff off the HD but at my friend's house currently so going to have to wait 'til I'm back in la casa.
Back to top Go down
Daggar Slade
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Daggar Slade

PostSubject: Re: Kinda newish? But havn't done this yet...   Kinda newish? But havn't done this yet... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 2:57 am

Yeah, I followed your blog. I'm diggin' it.
Back to top Go down
Toadvine
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Toadvine

PostSubject: Re: Kinda newish? But havn't done this yet...   Kinda newish? But havn't done this yet... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 2:58 am

Wewt! I think I have several blogs... one from when my Computer class in Highschool tried to do a podcast or something.
Back to top Go down
ashley
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
ashley

Female Number of posts : 2267
Cool Points : 7785
Registration date : 2008-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Kinda newish? But havn't done this yet...   Kinda newish? But havn't done this yet... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 2:58 am

i followed it too. it's nice.
Back to top Go down
Toadvine
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Toadvine

PostSubject: Re: Kinda newish? But havn't done this yet...   Kinda newish? But havn't done this yet... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 6:40 am

Yayyyy! I have people following stuff now.
Back to top Go down
ThusSpokeYourFace
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
ThusSpokeYourFace

Female Number of posts : 2322
Cool Points : 8002
Registration date : 2009-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Kinda newish? But havn't done this yet...   Kinda newish? But havn't done this yet... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 3:09 pm

I'm from Houston too, kind of. Closer to Galveston.
Its kinda lame.
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
JoshRaymond

Male Number of posts : 6478
Cool Points : 8961
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Kinda newish? But havn't done this yet...   Kinda newish? But havn't done this yet... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 5:18 pm

i used to live in conroe which is kinda close to houston, and that whole area is fucking garbage

anyways welcome
Back to top Go down
Toadvine
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Toadvine

PostSubject: Re: Kinda newish? But havn't done this yet...   Kinda newish? But havn't done this yet... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 2:01 am

lol yeah I know Conroe... not a huge fan, but it's whatevs. Used to go to the lake a bit with friends, not so much now adays.
Back to top Go down
Daggar Slade
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Daggar Slade

PostSubject: Re: Kinda newish? But havn't done this yet...   Kinda newish? But havn't done this yet... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 8:24 am

I am genuinely happy that I haven't stepped a foot in Conroe since 1998.
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
JoshRaymond

Male Number of posts : 6478
Cool Points : 8961
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Kinda newish? But havn't done this yet...   Kinda newish? But havn't done this yet... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 10:25 am

yeah willis and conroe have to be the worst fucking towns in texas prob the united states
Back to top Go down
ThusSpokeYourFace
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
ThusSpokeYourFace

Female Number of posts : 2322
Cool Points : 8002
Registration date : 2009-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Kinda newish? But havn't done this yet...   Kinda newish? But havn't done this yet... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 12:13 pm

JoshRaymond wrote:
the worst fucking towns in texas prob the united states

Don't forget Santa Fe. I'm pretty sure the grand lizard or whatever from the KKK used to live there. Lots of confederate flags and shit in that area.
And now he lives in Cleveland.
Which is pretty close to Conroe, if I'm not mistaken.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kinda newish? But havn't done this yet...   Kinda newish? But havn't done this yet... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kinda newish? But havn't done this yet...
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Against Me! Forum :: The Board :: Introduce Yourself!-
Jump to: