Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Against Me! Forum

The Un-Official Against Me! forum, your best source for rare videos, songs and cool people.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

i like strangers

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
RoShayShay
Dear Shithead
Dear Shithead
RoShayShay

Female Number of posts : 28
Cool Points : 5884
Registration date : 2008-04-10

i like strangers Empty
PostSubject: i like strangers   i like strangers Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 6:57 pm

hey, I'm rachel . Um lets see- I've been listening to against me! since a little bit before searching for a former clarity came out, so i guess since 04. They are really the only band i like that still tours (I'm a classic rock kinda gal) so i go to every show they play in my area (philly), or any state surrounding me really. I've seen them 11 times, and as long as theyre not done-neither am I.
I'm joining this now but i probobly wont come here often, ill probobly forget it exists soon. but i have met many friends at am! shows, and because of am! teeshirts and such, and i stay in touch with all of them, so if anyone wants to talk- go for it man. send me a message or something.

-rachel.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Ross
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Ross

Male Number of posts : 4628
Cool Points : 7880
Registration date : 2008-03-17

i like strangers Empty
PostSubject: Re: i like strangers   i like strangers Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 8:45 pm

Hey hey, and welcome, even if you're only here for 10 mins.
Back to top Go down
RoShayShay
Dear Shithead
Dear Shithead
RoShayShay

i like strangers Empty
PostSubject: Re: i like strangers   i like strangers Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 8:57 pm

thanks man,

everytime i see your posts i want to keep singing

and if young hearts could explode
from all the lies theyve been told
let the new night-bring you peace
Back to top Go down
Ross
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Ross

i like strangers Empty
PostSubject: Re: i like strangers   i like strangers Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 8:59 pm

Believe me, I do the same Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RoShayShay
Dear Shithead
Dear Shithead
RoShayShay

i like strangers Empty
PostSubject: Re: i like strangers   i like strangers Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 9:06 pm

thats definitely one of my favorite am! quotes

id have to say my favorite is: i can't believe how naive i was to think things could ever be so simple.
Back to top Go down
Ross
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Ross

i like strangers Empty
PostSubject: Re: i like strangers   i like strangers Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 9:14 pm

Yeessss! 35% is a great tune, in fact the whole EP is wicked good.

If there was one lyric to have tattoo'd though, and I'm not really hardcore enough for the who tattoos thing, I'd have The sun's always rising in the sky somewhere...

Don't care where, but it's such a positive outlook I'd want it somewhere where I can see it so I read it and remind myself of it, like on my arms or something. Rather than my ass.

EDIT: I've just realised I'm an utter tard. It's rising, not shining, why the hell have I got shining in my sig. >.< Updated now, to cover my own failure.
Back to top Go down
RoShayShay
Dear Shithead
Dear Shithead
RoShayShay

i like strangers Empty
PostSubject: Re: i like strangers   i like strangers Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 9:33 pm

yea man i knew it was rising, but then id feel like a tard if i was wrong lol.
idk about the whole tatto thing for my quote, since its kinda long. but i did do this awesome calligraphy piece of it for my art class, in the border i did all these little tiny random things and random lyrics, like a bong, an octopus, let this be the end, let this be the last song. yea random shit like that, it was cool.
yea idk man, im sure noone cares, but im very bored, and in need of conversation.
Back to top Go down
Ross
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Ross

i like strangers Empty
PostSubject: Re: i like strangers   i like strangers Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 9:41 pm

Haha, nice. Haven't done art in years, kinda miss it.

I've been working on my studies all day for a change so I'm just chillin', bit bored myself really. Guess that's why I'm sat on here, since I couldn't afford to go out tonight if I want to go out tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
RoShayShay
Dear Shithead
Dear Shithead
RoShayShay

i like strangers Empty
PostSubject: Re: i like strangers   i like strangers Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 9:44 pm

where are you from?
Back to top Go down
Ross
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Ross

i like strangers Empty
PostSubject: Re: i like strangers   i like strangers Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 9:47 pm

Near York, England. I should probably head to bed, although I don't really have anything to get up for. Love the masses of time off they give me before exams Smile

Yourself?
Back to top Go down
RoShayShay
Dear Shithead
Dear Shithead
RoShayShay

i like strangers Empty
PostSubject: Re: i like strangers   i like strangers Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 9:52 pm

im from philly, pa, but ive been to england, and europe in general just made me hate the u.s. lol. everything there is so much more beautifal, im jelious.
Back to top Go down
Ross
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Ross

i like strangers Empty
PostSubject: Re: i like strangers   i like strangers Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 10:07 pm

Haha, glad you liked the place. I'm a bit sick of it, or at least the weather. As an avid ska/reggae fan, most of what I listen to is best when it's sunny... something we get once a year here.

It's pretty much my dream to go to long beach, CA. It's probably nothing like I imagine, but I can always dream. I have this image of just turning up and being greeted by the surviving members of Sublime, who take me to a Bad Brains show or something.

Now I'm just daydreaming though, haha.
Back to top Go down
lex
dictator bastardette
lex

Female Number of posts : 7833
Cool Points : 7597
Registration date : 2008-01-17

i like strangers Empty
PostSubject: Re: i like strangers   i like strangers Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 10:09 pm

ahaha, according to Chicken from DTM Long Beach is full of rich white assholes who rollerskate. It's not that great of a city, but you can dream.
Back to top Go down
RoShayShay
Dear Shithead
Dear Shithead
RoShayShay

i like strangers Empty
PostSubject: Re: i like strangers   i like strangers Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 10:21 pm

yea ive never been to CA, but i plan on driving cross country next year. anyway if sublime were ever to come greet me i dont think id be able to leave, id have to rollar skate with them lol.
if you like them you need to check out tsunami rising. there one of my new favorites, just look them up on myspace or something
Back to top Go down
Ross
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Ross

i like strangers Empty
PostSubject: Re: i like strangers   i like strangers Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 10:24 pm

Haha, shame it's like that. I suppose that's why we have dreams... (I could soooo reference that to 8 full hours of sleep AGAIN but this thread is way too full of that song already)

Cheers for killing the "sell outs" thread by the way lex, I had feared that the influx of new people would bring up a thread or two along those lines.

And cool, I'll check out Tsunami Rising.
Back to top Go down
lex
dictator bastardette
lex

Female Number of posts : 7833
Cool Points : 7597
Registration date : 2008-01-17

i like strangers Empty
PostSubject: Re: i like strangers   i like strangers Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 10:27 pm

Did you see who posted it? I forgot to look at the username, it'd be easier just to ban them. I don't want to deal with that shit.
Back to top Go down
Ross
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Ross

i like strangers Empty
PostSubject: Re: i like strangers   i like strangers Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 10:34 pm

Sadly not, my back thing doesn't go back that far :/

If you can catch patron, he saw it too, and posted a pic about evolution. I laughed. He might know, anyway.
Back to top Go down
RoShayShay
Dear Shithead
Dear Shithead
RoShayShay

i like strangers Empty
PostSubject: Re: i like strangers   i like strangers Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 10:36 pm

yea im a newby, but the whole sell out thing is bull. it really pisses me off too. i dont think they ever were fans becuase they dont seem to realize that am! has slowly changed with every single album, they make it seem like they went right from reinventing to new wave and never showed any changes in between.
anyyyywayy before i get all heated, i dont think you could ever say too much on 8 full hours of sleep.
Back to top Go down
Ross
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Ross

i like strangers Empty
PostSubject: Re: i like strangers   i like strangers Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 10:46 pm

Yeah, it's just blind arrogance. On first listen I have to admit I was disappointed with New Wave, but that was before I heard Searching For A Former Clarity (aside from Miami and Don't Lose Touch, anyway). Then I saw the progression, and fell in love again.

I'm currently on a mission to get more people to like Animal. I didn't like that song 'til I heard the demo and now I love it. Can't really explain why, but the song suddenly made more sense to me.
Back to top Go down
RoShayShay
Dear Shithead
Dear Shithead
RoShayShay

i like strangers Empty
PostSubject: Re: i like strangers   i like strangers Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 11:00 pm

i love animal, definitely like my second favorite song off the album (thrash being first)
how long have you been listening to am!?
Back to top Go down
Ross
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Ross

i like strangers Empty
PostSubject: Re: i like strangers   i like strangers Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 11:12 pm

18 months at least since I first heard 'em. I've listened religiously for the last year, although somehow failed to get Clarity 'til last july/august. And you?

But I haven't looked back since Smile Thrash Unreal always gets called overrated, but I'm never sure why. It's a brilliant tune. Perhaps it's cuz it was a single, or something.

Americans Abroad is probably most overrated on that album for me, although I quite honestly don't think there's a bad song on it.
Back to top Go down

i like strangers Empty
PostSubject: Re: i like strangers   i like strangers Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 2:41 am

lex wrote:
Did you see who posted it? I forgot to look at the username, it'd be easier just to ban them. I don't want to deal with that shit.

Drama? What happened here?
Back to top Go down
Ross
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Ross

i like strangers Empty
PostSubject: Re: i like strangers   i like strangers Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 9:26 am

Some moron arrived going for the whole "RIP Against Me!" "it was good while it lasted!" "sellouts" bullshit.

Simply not needed, that discussion has died many moons ago.
Back to top Go down
RoShayShay
Dear Shithead
Dear Shithead
RoShayShay

i like strangers Empty
PostSubject: Re: i like strangers   i like strangers Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 2:36 pm

well ive been listening to them since i was about 12 or 13.
and on americans abroad, im quite partial to that song. because the live in london album came out the week i got home from a 3 week trip in europe. and with the whole "european vacation, me and my best friends" yea it got me and its one of my favorites.
Back to top Go down
Ross
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Ross

i like strangers Empty
PostSubject: Re: i like strangers   i like strangers Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 3:36 pm

Aha, makes sense- songs seem so much better when you can attach a memory or deeper meaning to them.

It's like me & Sublime's self titled CD, I got that one summer a few years back and literally spent the summer cruising around with it on, so that just reminds me of that summer now and is easily one of my top 5 CDs as a result.

Can't wait to go to Hungary for Sziget festival this summer, that CD is probably gonna be the soundtrack of that too Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

i like strangers Empty
PostSubject: Re: i like strangers   i like strangers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

i like strangers
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Against Me! Forum :: The Board :: Introduce Yourself!-
Jump to: