Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Against Me! Forum

The Un-Official Against Me! forum, your best source for rare videos, songs and cool people.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Alrighty, alrighty

Go down 
+6
JAPSoccer13
hyperballad
Daggar Slade
JoshRaymond
Mike
breakitdownaliya
10 posters
AuthorMessage
breakitdownaliya
From Her Lips to God's Ears

Female Number of posts : 133
Cool Points : 5664
Registration date : 2008-11-21

Alrighty, alrighty Empty
PostSubject: Alrighty, alrighty   Alrighty, alrighty Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 1:23 pm

So I'm Aliya, recently moved back to Jersey from Philly, and I totally regret it. I work for a music mag, against me! is one of my top bands ever. They were also my most painful tattoo (ankle to foot.) Um, I've listened to AM! for a very long time and never has there been a band in my life that has been my main music source through such emotional up and down times... in other words, they were all I listened to after the guy I'm in love with started playing them and singing them to me several years back. They were all I listened to when my dad was dying and then dead. They were actually what I couldn't listen to for a long time because of that boy I was in love with broke my heart. Then they were all I could listen to after being up for a few days on speed. And since then, I've stuck by them through and through... yeah, I guess that's the short run down of it.
Back to top Go down
http://strychninephotography.tumblr.com
Mike
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior

Male Number of posts : 3153
Cool Points : 7540
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Alrighty, alrighty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alrighty, alrighty   Alrighty, alrighty Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 1:40 pm

Oi!

welcome, you've got some good stories
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
JoshRaymond

Male Number of posts : 6478
Cool Points : 8961
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Alrighty, alrighty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alrighty, alrighty   Alrighty, alrighty Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 2:15 pm

seriously, tell us some stories

welcome
Back to top Go down
breakitdownaliya

Alrighty, alrighty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alrighty, alrighty   Alrighty, alrighty Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 2:56 pm

haha, I could elaborate on the whole tale if you wish, writing is what I do.
Back to top Go down
Daggar Slade
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Daggar Slade

Male Number of posts : 2827
Cool Points : 7800
Registration date : 2008-07-11

Alrighty, alrighty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alrighty, alrighty   Alrighty, alrighty Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 6:33 pm

Welcome to the forum!
And, yes, please tell us some stories.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/daggar_slade
hyperballad
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
hyperballad

Female Number of posts : 3318
Cool Points : 7492
Registration date : 2008-07-17

Alrighty, alrighty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alrighty, alrighty   Alrighty, alrighty Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 7:42 pm

woo hoo! another Jersey girl!

where in Jersey are you?
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
breakitdownaliya

Alrighty, alrighty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alrighty, alrighty   Alrighty, alrighty Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 10:49 pm

Well then kiddos, story time...

Several years ago, I had heard little of Against Me! outside of this douce bag at my school and one song my friend Kyle had sent to me. Although I loved the song, I was too poor to go out and buy CDs. It wasn't until the winter of that year that I rekindled a friendship with this kid named James who loved Against Me! His little self in his huge van would sing to me their songs. We would lay together in my bed and he would sing them to me there. I was falling more and more for him, and he was my salvation as outside my room's door was my father who was on a downward spiral. My pops was an unemployed manic depressive with no joy or humor left in him, when at one time my house would be filled with music and his jokes and laughter. When I wasn't out with James, or at my place with James, I would still listen to the Against Me! CD mix he burned for me so I could just continue thinking about him, and not about any of the problems in my life.
A few months later, my father committed suicide. At the same time, James was coming off drugs. He didn't want to be around anyone, go out anywhere, and he especially didn't want to be around me. He had his own problems to deal with and it was a bad time for him to try and help someone else. I grew to hate him. I would just think about the time he told me how he would always be there for me, and when I needed him the most, he was gone. I would try and listen to my Against Me! CD, but I would just begin to cry. I saw James in school all the time and I couldn't stand to even look at him. I tried to form some sort of peace with him months down the line but he wanted nothing to do with it. This went on until school finally ended, and I could finally forget about him.
A few months later I ended up being awake for about 3 days pumped on amphetamines and caffeine pills. I was busy cleaning away until I realized "I really need some music." Flipping through my CD book, nothing was phasing me. I've listened to The Clash waaaaayyyy too much, Velvet Underground is no motivational music, Tom Waits, naw, Libertines, no... then I stumble upon that Against Me! CD. I stared at it for a minute until I was able to realize, it's been a few months, maybe I can do this now. The minute after I put it on, I asked myself "why the hell did I stop listening to this... EVER?"
Several weeks later I find myself at a party that James was also at. I was pretty stand offish at first until I realized there's no reason to be awkward. James and myself sat down together, away from everyone and he just spilled his heart out not only because he had joined the marines and was going away soon, but he just knew things had to be made clear. He told me how sad and angry it made him that he couldn't be there for me when I needed him, how he thought it would be better to stay away than to make me miserable with him around, how terrible he felt about everything he did. Now, this kid NEVER cries, and he was definitely on the verge. Before he did though, he kisses me on the head, and I whip out my mp3 player. Of course, I put on some Against Me! And what do we do? We sing our hearts out together, after all these months, this still acted as our ultimate bond.
No band made me feel as hopeful, as sad, as angry, as energetic, as just... happy to be alive and to be back with James.
The saga of James isn't over, but that's the part that heavily involves Against Me! as the soundtrack.

(And hyperballad... I live about 20min. outside of AC n a town called Mays Landing)

Last edited by breakitdownaliya on Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JAPSoccer13
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
JAPSoccer13

Female Number of posts : 2125
Cool Points : 5990
Registration date : 2008-01-20

Alrighty, alrighty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alrighty, alrighty   Alrighty, alrighty Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 10:57 pm

wow, amazing story.
I hope there is more!!!!
and... Welcome!!!
Back to top Go down
http://jordanparrish.tumblr.com
drumma
Punk rock mum!
Punk rock mum!
drumma

Female Number of posts : 1000
Cool Points : 5810
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Alrighty, alrighty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alrighty, alrighty   Alrighty, alrighty Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 11:51 pm

What an amazing story, thank you so much for sharing. You really have been through an emotional roller-coaster. How wonderful that AM! could be a part of it all, and now you are here with friends.

note to JAPSoccer: I like your hair pulled back that way.
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
JoshRaymond

Male Number of posts : 6478
Cool Points : 8961
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Alrighty, alrighty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alrighty, alrighty   Alrighty, alrighty Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 12:03 am

holy shit more stories
Back to top Go down
Ross
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Ross

Male Number of posts : 4628
Cool Points : 7880
Registration date : 2008-03-17

Alrighty, alrighty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alrighty, alrighty   Alrighty, alrighty Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 10:02 am

That's a really great story, even if it's full of unhappiness. Thanks for sharing and welcome to the board Smile
Back to top Go down
JAPSoccer13
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
JAPSoccer13

Female Number of posts : 2125
Cool Points : 5990
Registration date : 2008-01-20

Alrighty, alrighty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alrighty, alrighty   Alrighty, alrighty Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 3:38 pm

drumma wrote:
What an amazing story, thank you so much for sharing. You really have been through an emotional roller-coaster. How wonderful that AM! could be a part of it all, and now you are here with friends.

note to JAPSoccer: I like your hair pulled back that way.

Thank you drumma!
Back to top Go down
http://jordanparrish.tumblr.com
StoolPigeon
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
StoolPigeon

Male Number of posts : 6265
Cool Points : 10197
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Alrighty, alrighty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alrighty, alrighty   Alrighty, alrighty Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 6:58 am

Oi!

Awesome story.
Back to top Go down
Ana
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Ana

Female Number of posts : 4576
Cool Points : 8936
Registration date : 2008-04-10

Alrighty, alrighty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alrighty, alrighty   Alrighty, alrighty Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 6:16 am

Amazing amazing tale!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Alrighty, alrighty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alrighty, alrighty   Alrighty, alrighty Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alrighty, alrighty
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Against Me! Forum :: The Board :: Introduce Yourself!-
Jump to: