Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Against Me! Forum

The Un-Official Against Me! forum, your best source for rare videos, songs and cool people.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hello from NYC

Go down 
+2
JoshRaymond
chimpat
6 posters
AuthorMessage
chimpat
Dear Shithead
Dear Shithead

Number of posts : 4
Cool Points : 5659
Registration date : 2008-11-21

Hello from NYC Empty
PostSubject: Hello from NYC   Hello from NYC Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 12:44 pm

Hey everyone, my name is Pat, first timer here. I'm 31 and live in NYC (grew up in CT, went to school just outside Philly). I only got into Against Me about a year ago so I'm late to the party but I really dig their stuff. Lovin' the new Tom Gabel disc, haven't put it down since I picked it up. Although I'm new on this scene, I've been a music diehard for years........seen over 300 concerts so I've been to a ton of stuff.

I saw Tom's show at the Knitting Factory last night and loved it. Great crowd, very impressed by the fanbase. I'll definitely be coming back for more. Guess that's about it. See ya at the next one.

PT
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
JoshRaymond

Male Number of posts : 6478
Cool Points : 8961
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Hello from NYC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from NYC   Hello from NYC Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 2:14 pm

nice
Back to top Go down

Hello from NYC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from NYC   Hello from NYC Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 4:22 pm

Welcome, Pat!
Back to top Go down
Daggar Slade
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Daggar Slade

Male Number of posts : 2827
Cool Points : 7800
Registration date : 2008-07-11

Hello from NYC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from NYC   Hello from NYC Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 6:36 pm

chimpat wrote:
I saw Tom's show at the Knitting Factory last night and loved it. Great crowd, very impressed by the fanbase. I'll definitely be coming back for more. Guess that's about it. See ya at the next one.

Nice.
Welcome to the forum!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/daggar_slade
NJVadala
Untouchable
Untouchable
NJVadala

Male Number of posts : 410
Cool Points : 5695
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Hello from NYC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from NYC   Hello from NYC Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 7:07 pm

Welcome man!

Whered you go to school?
Back to top Go down

Hello from NYC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from NYC   Hello from NYC Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 7:08 pm

motherfucker i envy you.
that show sounds like it was amazing.
Back to top Go down
StoolPigeon
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
StoolPigeon

Male Number of posts : 6265
Cool Points : 10197
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Hello from NYC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from NYC   Hello from NYC Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 7:39 am

Oi!
Back to top Go down
chimpat
Dear Shithead
Dear Shithead

Number of posts : 4
Cool Points : 5659
Registration date : 2008-11-21

Hello from NYC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from NYC   Hello from NYC Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 11:09 am

NJVadala wrote:
Welcome man!

Whered you go to school?

I went to Villanova.

Also, I forgot to say how I found out the band, kind of a random story...... Last year, I flew out to San Francisco for the Bridge School Festival, hosted by Neil Young. One of my friends was playing in it so I got to hang with his band (and all the other bands) all weekend. The night before the festival, Neil Young hosts a dinner at his home which is just kind of surreal. A bunch of the bands showed up, Metallica, My Morning Jacket, Tegan and Sara, etc. I ended up talking with Tegan a bit that night (very cool girl) and spent a lot of time with her band over the weekend. One day after I returned home, I was looking through some of their youtube clips and stumbled upon "Borne on the FM Waves of the Heart" and instantly liked the song. That led me to start checking out all the AM! stuff and I immediately loved most everything I heard. You just never know where or how you'll find good music......just disappointed it took me this long to get on board.
Back to top Go down

Hello from NYC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from NYC   Hello from NYC Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 5:03 pm

Whattt, that's awesome. I love Tegan. I wanna go to dinner at Neil Young's house.
Back to top Go down
Ana
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Ana

Female Number of posts : 4576
Cool Points : 8936
Registration date : 2008-04-10

Hello from NYC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from NYC   Hello from NYC Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 6:12 am

You are a lucky person catching that show!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello from NYC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from NYC   Hello from NYC Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from NYC
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Against Me! Forum :: The Board :: Introduce Yourself!-
Jump to: