Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Against Me! Forum

The Un-Official Against Me! forum, your best source for rare videos, songs and cool people.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Yo, yo, yo... how's the Jell-O?!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
atlien247
Dear Shithead
Dear Shithead
atlien247

Male Number of posts : 3
Cool Points : 5684
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Yo, yo, yo... how's the Jell-O?! Empty
PostSubject: Yo, yo, yo... how's the Jell-O?!   Yo, yo, yo... how's the Jell-O?! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 6:18 pm

So, it's me... Lorenzo.

I've been lurking here for several weeks off and on, starting right around the time when I bought tickets to the SLC show. I figured I'd show my e-face now that I need some direction from my new fellow AM! forum dwellers, but I'll get to that in a bit.

I'm not what most would consider a hardcore fan of punk music. Without getting into an argument about what makes a band 'punk', some of my favorites growing up were Green Day, The Offspring, and Nirvana. I never really could get into the whole Blink 182 and Sum 41 scene. Lately I've been into bands like AFI, Rise Against, and Alkaline Trio. It wasn't until I signed up with Last.fm and did a tag search for 'depressing' that I heard Against Me! for the first time. I heard 'Searching For A Former Clarity' and it just stuck with me. That song remains my favorite AM! song to this day, although there are many others that rank right up there now that I've heard most of them.

I can't really put a finger on it, but there's something about the honesty, vulnerability, and emotion that Tom puts into the lyrics that really strikes a chord with me. The overall impact AM!'s music has had on my recent personal life cannot be something I can treat nonchalantly. As such, I am seriously considering getting a tattoo of the words 'Don't Lose Touch' somewhere on my person.

That's where all of you come in. I see a lot of different fonts used in AM! album art, tour posters, and web pages that might serve my purposes well. Does anyone out there know of any good resources where one might be able to license these fonts? Perhaps someone might even have ties with the original artists?

Any help would would be sincerely appreciated.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yo, yo, yo... how's the Jell-O?!   Yo, yo, yo... how's the Jell-O?! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 6:23 pm

Hey! Welcome to the forum. Smile I want an AM! tattoo badly, too. I'm not really sure which font you're talking about, do you have a picture of the poster that has the font you like? I usually just go to www.dafont.com and look at the different fonts until I find one that I really like.
Back to top Go down
StoolPigeon
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
StoolPigeon

Male Number of posts : 6265
Cool Points : 10197
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Yo, yo, yo... how's the Jell-O?!   Yo, yo, yo... how's the Jell-O?! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 9:01 am

Oi!

The Jell-O is awesome. Obviously.

I'll be honest. I can't help you there.

Anyways, welcome! Smile
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
JoshRaymond

Male Number of posts : 6478
Cool Points : 8961
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Yo, yo, yo... how's the Jell-O?!   Yo, yo, yo... how's the Jell-O?! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 2:27 pm

welcome
Back to top Go down
Ana
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Ana

Female Number of posts : 4576
Cool Points : 8936
Registration date : 2008-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Yo, yo, yo... how's the Jell-O?!   Yo, yo, yo... how's the Jell-O?! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 6:50 am

I grew up liking Green Day too and Offspring too :p

Welcome to the forum now come back and post!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yo, yo, yo... how's the Jell-O?!   Yo, yo, yo... how's the Jell-O?! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yo, yo, yo... how's the Jell-O?!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Against Me! Forum :: The Board :: Introduce Yourself!-
Jump to: