Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Against Me! Forum

The Un-Official Against Me! forum, your best source for rare videos, songs and cool people.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

baby i'm an anarchist

Go down 
+13
robynes09
Trevor N
Ana
SinkJenniferSink
brizanne__
StoolPigeon
Mike
abstract illusion
walking_for_don
lex
JAPSoccer13
Clint
BradGodfrey
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
BradGodfrey
Untouchable
Untouchable
BradGodfrey

Male Number of posts : 480
Cool Points : 6151
Registration date : 2008-04-20

baby i'm an anarchist Empty
PostSubject: baby i'm an anarchist   baby i'm an anarchist Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 11:46 pm

ok, 2 questions about this song... no i'm not pondering the meaning of it... well maybe i am but i'll keep that to myself for the sake of the world not thinking i'm an idiot... Cool

anyway, i have no idea what he means by "and to you solidarity's a 4 letter word" anyone want to enlighten me?

and also i remember reading somewhere, can't remember where though(how convenient) that it was a song written by tom and a few other people and they were thinking of forming a band, but it fell through or something. anyone know anything about that?

i will now pre-emptively thank you for the insults Very Happy
thank you
Back to top Go down
Clint
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Clint

Male Number of posts : 1801
Cool Points : 6760
Registration date : 2008-06-11

PostSubject: Re: baby i'm an anarchist   baby i'm an anarchist Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 11:55 pm

I always thought the 4 letter word was vote.
Back to top Go down
JAPSoccer13
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
JAPSoccer13

Female Number of posts : 2125
Cool Points : 5982
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: baby i'm an anarchist   baby i'm an anarchist Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 11:56 pm

I've actually always wondered about that line.
Back to top Go down
http://jordanparrish.tumblr.com
BradGodfrey
Untouchable
Untouchable
BradGodfrey

PostSubject: Re: baby i'm an anarchist   baby i'm an anarchist Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 11:57 pm

bluuu i think you might be right, glad i'm not the only one haha
Back to top Go down
lex
dictator bastardette
lex

Female Number of posts : 7833
Cool Points : 7589
Registration date : 2008-01-17

PostSubject: Re: baby i'm an anarchist   baby i'm an anarchist Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 12:12 am

4 letter word as in a bad word. And I think I read he wrote it with some friends and they were drunk.
Back to top Go down
BradGodfrey
Untouchable
Untouchable
BradGodfrey

PostSubject: Re: baby i'm an anarchist   baby i'm an anarchist Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 12:15 am

oh ok... thank you lex, that makes sense
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: baby i'm an anarchist   baby i'm an anarchist Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 1:43 am

Yeah, I always saw it as 4 letter word meaning something that someone finds offensive, and they see the word solidarity in the same light.
Back to top Go down
walking_for_don
From Her Lips to God's Ears
From Her Lips to God's Ears

Male Number of posts : 105
Cool Points : 5769
Registration date : 2008-07-25

PostSubject: Re: baby i'm an anarchist   baby i'm an anarchist Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 1:45 am

solidarity is defined many ways. unity, revolt against communist regimes, revolutions of the people etc. i believe that hes denouncing all the people who believe saying "fuck this" and "fuck that" and "fuck the government, man" is starting a revolution. idk it just disgusts me when im hear beastheaded people talking politics and especially if they are drunk or unintellectual and they are just like "man, fuck the governement" or "george bush is a piece of shit". thats all cool but when you ask them why george bush is a piece of shit, they dont know what to say or have no grounds of argument. "man, fuck that monkey fuck". from this point on im done talking politics with this person.

or to you solidariy is a four letter word = to you solidarity is shit... so "revolution, unity, all that is just pointless to you and you look down on it, which disgusts me enough to write a song about it" is another way I interperate this line./

Authors Purpose AP english essay anyone???
Back to top Go down
abstract illusion
Untouchable
Untouchable
abstract illusion

Male Number of posts : 495
Cool Points : 5853
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: baby i'm an anarchist   baby i'm an anarchist Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 2:48 am

i think many people take this song way too seriously.
Back to top Go down
Mike
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior

Male Number of posts : 3153
Cool Points : 7532
Registration date : 2008-04-26

PostSubject: Re: baby i'm an anarchist   baby i'm an anarchist Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 2:51 am

It's sarcastic and written to be sung along to, probably drunkenly.

But it's a very informed sounding drunken singalong.
Back to top Go down
StoolPigeon
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
StoolPigeon

Male Number of posts : 6265
Cool Points : 10189
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: baby i'm an anarchist   baby i'm an anarchist Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 7:30 am

Think about most swear words.

Most of them have four letters. F-u-c-k, s-h-i-t, d-a-m-n (some people consider it a swear...).
Back to top Go down
StoolPigeon
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
StoolPigeon

PostSubject: Re: baby i'm an anarchist   baby i'm an anarchist Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 7:31 am

I asked my English teacher the same question, by the way, and that's what he said.
Back to top Go down
StoolPigeon
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
StoolPigeon

PostSubject: Re: baby i'm an anarchist   baby i'm an anarchist Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 7:33 am

BradGodfrey wrote:
i will now pre-emptively thank you for the insults Very Happy
thank you

To me, you're a four letter word.
Back to top Go down
brizanne__
Untouchable
Untouchable
brizanne__

Female Number of posts : 305
Cool Points : 5930
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: baby i'm an anarchist   baby i'm an anarchist Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 3:39 pm

Bluuu wrote:
I always thought the 4 letter word was vote.

edit: forgot to add that it makes sence to me
Back to top Go down
SinkJenniferSink
Dear Shithead
Dear Shithead
SinkJenniferSink

Female Number of posts : 14
Cool Points : 5532
Registration date : 2009-04-05

PostSubject: Re: baby i'm an anarchist   baby i'm an anarchist Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 4:16 am

Seattle Riots.
Back to top Go down
StoolPigeon
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
StoolPigeon

PostSubject: Re: baby i'm an anarchist   baby i'm an anarchist Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 8:36 am

Starbucks windows.
Back to top Go down
Ana
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Ana

Female Number of posts : 4576
Cool Points : 8928
Registration date : 2008-04-10

PostSubject: Re: baby i'm an anarchist   baby i'm an anarchist Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 8:58 pm

StoolPigeon wrote:
I asked my English teacher the same question, by the way, and that's what he said.

Does your teacher like AM!?
Back to top Go down
StoolPigeon
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
StoolPigeon

PostSubject: Re: baby i'm an anarchist   baby i'm an anarchist Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 9:40 am

No, I think the only reason he's ever heard of AM! is from my RAR and New Wave shirts. I actually just asked him what it meant to call something a four-letter word. However, he apparently went to high school with the drummer for NoFX. Omgholishit rite?
Back to top Go down
Trevor N
Borne on the FM Waves
Borne on the FM Waves
Trevor N

Male Number of posts : 50
Cool Points : 5541
Registration date : 2009-05-10

PostSubject: Re: baby i'm an anarchist   baby i'm an anarchist Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 3:54 pm

StoolPigeon wrote:
No, I think the only reason he's ever heard of AM! is from my RAR and New Wave shirts. I actually just asked him what it meant to call something a four-letter word. However, he apparently went to high school with the drummer for NoFX. Omgholishit rite?

That is pretty fucking epic.
Back to top Go down
robynes09
Borne on the FM Waves
Borne on the FM Waves
robynes09

Female Number of posts : 77
Cool Points : 5550
Registration date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: baby i'm an anarchist   baby i'm an anarchist Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 7:22 pm

lol, there is this video on youtube about tom saying he would vote for obama and things that it would be a positive impact on the American Society. THIRTEEN pages of comments. All themed "the person above me is a dumbfuck." There was so many people saying that Tom is a sell out for saying that he would support Obama. Lol, the part that got me the most razzled, is when these douches would refer to this song, "baby i'm an anarchist" and take it way out of context.... The song isn't personally about Tom, I don't think. (Enlighten me if I'm wrong). However if I am right, then what the fuckles. The way I see it, he clearly isn't the same 18 year old anarchist punk is running around saying fuck the government, fuck this fuck that(did he ever?). There have been times I think when his music or lyrics could be interpreted as, anti-war or as one of the songs is "white people for peace" lol, idk. I just think its funny that people can refer to something someone wrote, almost 10 years ago now. Do they not realize Tom is married and his wife is pregnant with his first child? I'm pretty sure that love and family have some sort of effect on people. Personally, I believe that humanity could live without a government, especially one such as the one we have that infiltrates and creates it's own injustice - However, I do believe that we need guidance. If you want to know more about what I think, send me a private message. Otherwise, my rant for today is done, lol. Cheers and stay hard.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/mister_e_among_the_ages
Aaron
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Aaron

Male Number of posts : 3490
Cool Points : 9216
Registration date : 2009-11-12

PostSubject: Re: baby i'm an anarchist   baby i'm an anarchist Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 6:00 pm

'I didn’t originally write “Baby I’m an Anarchist” as a song for Against Me!; I wrote it with two friends of mine for a band we were talking about starting that never ended up materializing. I thought it was too good of a song to never record. The song was a metaphor for what we felt happened between the anarchist protesters and liberal protesters at the WTO riots in Seattle. The anarchists and liberals stood together on many issues at that protest, but when the black bloc property destruction started happening, the liberal movement was quick to publicly disassociate themselves from the anarchists.'
Back to top Go down
antiflagtuzo
Dear Shithead
Dear Shithead

Number of posts : 17
Cool Points : 5202
Registration date : 2010-03-09

PostSubject: Re: baby i'm an anarchist   baby i'm an anarchist Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 4:15 pm

anarchists still vote. chomsky, some people consider him an anarchist said he would vote for obama so that mccain wouldnt win. voting as a last resort. instead of idk 100000 people dying because of republican policies, 10000 people die because od democrat policies. its obvious tom was an anarchist earlier though, and even today doesn't reject anarchism ( see punkcdsampler interview)
Back to top Go down
skalastics
Untouchable
Untouchable
skalastics

Male Number of posts : 318
Cool Points : 5399
Registration date : 2010-05-19

PostSubject: Re: baby i'm an anarchist   baby i'm an anarchist Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 3:53 am

everyone is lame
Back to top Go down
Aaron
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Aaron

Male Number of posts : 3490
Cool Points : 9216
Registration date : 2009-11-12

PostSubject: Re: baby i'm an anarchist   baby i'm an anarchist Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 6:40 am

You're lame.
Back to top Go down
skalastics
Untouchable
Untouchable
skalastics

Male Number of posts : 318
Cool Points : 5399
Registration date : 2010-05-19

PostSubject: Re: baby i'm an anarchist   baby i'm an anarchist Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 12:49 pm

i SAID everyone....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: baby i'm an anarchist   baby i'm an anarchist Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

baby i'm an anarchist
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next