Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Against Me! Forum

The Un-Official Against Me! forum, your best source for rare videos, songs and cool people.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

NOFX: BACKSTAGE PASSPORT – DOCUMENTARY SERIES ON FUSE TV

Go down 
+7
arollo
billy pilgrim
Patron
AdamLikesMusic
one of my lies
iloveyourmom
Sam Jones!
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Sam Jones!
Untouchable
Untouchable
Sam Jones!

Female Number of posts : 375
Cool Points : 5967
Registration date : 2008-01-17

NOFX: BACKSTAGE PASSPORT – DOCUMENTARY SERIES ON FUSE TV Empty
PostSubject: NOFX: BACKSTAGE PASSPORT – DOCUMENTARY SERIES ON FUSE TV   NOFX: BACKSTAGE PASSPORT – DOCUMENTARY SERIES ON FUSE TV Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 1:52 pm

one of the other very few times i was happy to have fuse. that warped tour thing was pretty good.

Fuse TV is going to be airing a documentary series on NOFX starting on April 15th at 10pm EST. Here is a statement from the band…

So we got the bright idea to take two camera dudes on this sketchy tour we booked and make a documentary. We went to Singapore, Peru, Israel, South Africa, Korea; you get the idea…countries where maybe punk music isn't too popular.

After a few weeks we realized there's way too much semi-interesting, sorta funny, kind of embarrassing stuff going on. How are we gonna fit all this on a DVD? So we thought maybe TV? Nah, that's never gonna happen—we're not nearly as funny as Travis Barker. But we made a little trailer anyhow and showed it to some of our friends at Fuse. They loved it and showed it to some of their bosses. Their bosses didn't get it at all and told us they would call. We knew what that meant, so it was back to the DVD idea.

We kept the camera dudes on tour with us for the next year and some pretty cool stuff happened. Well…not cool for us, but cool for the DVD. Stuff like not getting paid, cops shutting down shows, Muslims getting pissed at us, Jews getting pissed at us, scoring the wrong drugs, getting beat up by Japanese women in latex, getting beat up by a Russian man in a pointy hat and basically having a super great time.

We finished the tour in South Africa and came home. We figured we might as well show it to the Fuse people again. (We showed it to HBO too, and they told us that maybe if we were U2 they would consider it…diss.) By this time Fuse had hired new people and the new folks loved it. They said they wanted to make it into a documentary series. Coolage! We signed the papers and now we have a TV show.

After months and months of editing and fighting amongst ourselves, we have 8 episodes of a show, but after you account for commercials it's only about the length of a really long movie. Think Titanic meets Spinal Tap. NOFX never had a video on MTV, but now we have a documentary on TV. Weird how things work out. Anyhow, it comes out in April sometime. My neighbors are never going to speak to me again.

NOFX : Backstage Passport

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=29763467

anyone going to watch it?
Back to top Go down
iloveyourmom
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
iloveyourmom

Male Number of posts : 827
Cool Points : 6340
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: NOFX: BACKSTAGE PASSPORT – DOCUMENTARY SERIES ON FUSE TV   NOFX: BACKSTAGE PASSPORT – DOCUMENTARY SERIES ON FUSE TV Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 2:00 pm

lol.. I just read that this morning on Fat and was wondering if I should post it here or not. I thought I remembered chatting with somebody in the chatbox and them mentioning not really liking NOFX so I didn't post it.. I wanna say it was Lex but I can't really remember.
Back to top Go down
one of my lies
Untouchable
Untouchable
one of my lies

Male Number of posts : 321
Cool Points : 6156
Registration date : 2008-02-15

PostSubject: Re: NOFX: BACKSTAGE PASSPORT – DOCUMENTARY SERIES ON FUSE TV   NOFX: BACKSTAGE PASSPORT – DOCUMENTARY SERIES ON FUSE TV Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 2:47 pm

It could be even more awesome if HBO had picked it up. Less censorship, no commercials. I'm still really looking forward to this.
Back to top Go down
AdamLikesMusic
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Drinkin' Irish tonight!

Male Number of posts : 530
Cool Points : 6072
Registration date : 2008-03-07

PostSubject: Re: NOFX: BACKSTAGE PASSPORT – DOCUMENTARY SERIES ON FUSE TV   NOFX: BACKSTAGE PASSPORT – DOCUMENTARY SERIES ON FUSE TV Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 6:42 pm

Up the punx.
Back to top Go down
Patron
Untouchable
Untouchable
Patron

Male Number of posts : 366
Cool Points : 5929
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: NOFX: BACKSTAGE PASSPORT – DOCUMENTARY SERIES ON FUSE TV   NOFX: BACKSTAGE PASSPORT – DOCUMENTARY SERIES ON FUSE TV Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 8:41 pm

I always thought Fuse was just a website, not a TV station.
Back to top Go down
billy pilgrim
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
billy pilgrim

Female Number of posts : 1845
Cool Points : 6094

PostSubject: Re: NOFX: BACKSTAGE PASSPORT – DOCUMENTARY SERIES ON FUSE TV   NOFX: BACKSTAGE PASSPORT – DOCUMENTARY SERIES ON FUSE TV Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 9:25 pm

Haha I'll probably end up watching it. Even though I have no right watching any more TV.
Back to top Go down
Patron
Untouchable
Untouchable
Patron

Male Number of posts : 366
Cool Points : 5929
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: NOFX: BACKSTAGE PASSPORT – DOCUMENTARY SERIES ON FUSE TV   NOFX: BACKSTAGE PASSPORT – DOCUMENTARY SERIES ON FUSE TV Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 2:28 am

I wouldn't mind watching it. But I don't get the station.
Back to top Go down
AdamLikesMusic
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Drinkin' Irish tonight!

Male Number of posts : 530
Cool Points : 6072
Registration date : 2008-03-07

PostSubject: Re: NOFX: BACKSTAGE PASSPORT – DOCUMENTARY SERIES ON FUSE TV   NOFX: BACKSTAGE PASSPORT – DOCUMENTARY SERIES ON FUSE TV Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 3:37 am

They used to be alright. But now they have some lame dirtbike show, a "Super Sweet 16" knockoff, some "pants off dance off" where people strip to music, but it's censored, so that sucks too.
Back to top Go down
Sam Jones!
Untouchable
Untouchable
Sam Jones!

PostSubject: Re: NOFX: BACKSTAGE PASSPORT – DOCUMENTARY SERIES ON FUSE TV   NOFX: BACKSTAGE PASSPORT – DOCUMENTARY SERIES ON FUSE TV Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 3:44 am

yeah why show it if its censored.? sttupid. i have dvr with my dish so ill have to look for it cuz im super busyx100
Back to top Go down
arollo
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
arollo

Female Number of posts : 2008
Cool Points : 6007
Registration date : 2008-03-01

PostSubject: Re: NOFX: BACKSTAGE PASSPORT – DOCUMENTARY SERIES ON FUSE TV   NOFX: BACKSTAGE PASSPORT – DOCUMENTARY SERIES ON FUSE TV Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 7:11 am

On one hand, this might be awesome, as I'm a huge fan of people wandering around places that they are completely ignorant of and getting beaten the fuck up.

On the other hand, as much as I like NOFX, I can't stand Fat Mike. The prospect of watching him makes me shiver.

I'll probably download an episode and check it out though, as I don't have cable.
Back to top Go down
iloveyourmom
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
iloveyourmom

Male Number of posts : 827
Cool Points : 6340
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: NOFX: BACKSTAGE PASSPORT – DOCUMENTARY SERIES ON FUSE TV   NOFX: BACKSTAGE PASSPORT – DOCUMENTARY SERIES ON FUSE TV Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 1:04 pm

I like Fat Mike..
Back to top Go down
Sam Jones!
Untouchable
Untouchable
Sam Jones!

PostSubject: Re: NOFX: BACKSTAGE PASSPORT – DOCUMENTARY SERIES ON FUSE TV   NOFX: BACKSTAGE PASSPORT – DOCUMENTARY SERIES ON FUSE TV Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 1:02 am

mike is a hero of mine. i got a picture with him but the camera died and then so did i. i admire how he just says whatever he feels like and doesnt care among tons of other things.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NOFX: BACKSTAGE PASSPORT – DOCUMENTARY SERIES ON FUSE TV   NOFX: BACKSTAGE PASSPORT – DOCUMENTARY SERIES ON FUSE TV Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 1:33 am

Ah, I can't stand Fat Mike either Sad
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
JoshRaymond

Male Number of posts : 6478
Cool Points : 8961
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: NOFX: BACKSTAGE PASSPORT – DOCUMENTARY SERIES ON FUSE TV   NOFX: BACKSTAGE PASSPORT – DOCUMENTARY SERIES ON FUSE TV Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 6:17 pm

this might be cool nofx are a funny bunch of guys
Back to top Go down
lex
dictator bastardette
lex

Female Number of posts : 7833
Cool Points : 7597

PostSubject: Re: NOFX: BACKSTAGE PASSPORT – DOCUMENTARY SERIES ON FUSE TV   NOFX: BACKSTAGE PASSPORT – DOCUMENTARY SERIES ON FUSE TV Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 1:54 am

haha, I must admit this show is really entertaining. It's weird to see Fat Mike crying.
Back to top Go down
Stalls_Standing
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Stalls_Standing

Male Number of posts : 1815
Cool Points : 5955
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: NOFX: BACKSTAGE PASSPORT – DOCUMENTARY SERIES ON FUSE TV   NOFX: BACKSTAGE PASSPORT – DOCUMENTARY SERIES ON FUSE TV Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 5:35 am

I've been watching It up till Ep 5 so far, it's awesome!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kieranpunx

PostSubject: Re: NOFX: BACKSTAGE PASSPORT – DOCUMENTARY SERIES ON FUSE TV   NOFX: BACKSTAGE PASSPORT – DOCUMENTARY SERIES ON FUSE TV Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 5:47 am

I really like this show too; it's better than all the other shows music stations put out.
Back to top Go down
Armageddon
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Armageddon

Female Number of posts : 856
Cool Points : 6051
Registration date : 2008-04-10

PostSubject: Re: NOFX: BACKSTAGE PASSPORT – DOCUMENTARY SERIES ON FUSE TV   NOFX: BACKSTAGE PASSPORT – DOCUMENTARY SERIES ON FUSE TV Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 2:19 pm

i think its so weird NOFX agreed to actually have this on tv...the show is awesome though...and i agree it was sooo weird seeing fat mike cry...u gotta feel for him though...on a lighter note did u see kent wearing an Against Me! shirt in that one episode?
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
JoshRaymond

Male Number of posts : 6478
Cool Points : 8961
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: NOFX: BACKSTAGE PASSPORT – DOCUMENTARY SERIES ON FUSE TV   NOFX: BACKSTAGE PASSPORT – DOCUMENTARY SERIES ON FUSE TV Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 3:09 pm

Armageddon wrote:
i think its so weird NOFX agreed to actually have this on tv...the show is awesome though...and i agree it was sooo weird seeing fat mike cry...u gotta feel for him though...on a lighter note did u see kent wearing an Against Me! shirt in that one episode?

yes i did also the drummers wife was rocking an against me shirt on the first episode.
Back to top Go down
Stalls_Standing
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Stalls_Standing

Male Number of posts : 1815
Cool Points : 5955
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: NOFX: BACKSTAGE PASSPORT – DOCUMENTARY SERIES ON FUSE TV   NOFX: BACKSTAGE PASSPORT – DOCUMENTARY SERIES ON FUSE TV Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 4:13 pm

The Israel one was crazy, I love how punk is still so blatantly alive
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kieranpunx
lex
dictator bastardette
lex

Female Number of posts : 7833
Cool Points : 7597

PostSubject: Re: NOFX: BACKSTAGE PASSPORT – DOCUMENTARY SERIES ON FUSE TV   NOFX: BACKSTAGE PASSPORT – DOCUMENTARY SERIES ON FUSE TV Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 5:33 pm

Yeah, that's gotta suck. You really don't feel like playing a show and then some asshole spits on you. It's sad about his daughter Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NOFX: BACKSTAGE PASSPORT – DOCUMENTARY SERIES ON FUSE TV   NOFX: BACKSTAGE PASSPORT – DOCUMENTARY SERIES ON FUSE TV Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NOFX: BACKSTAGE PASSPORT – DOCUMENTARY SERIES ON FUSE TV
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Against Me! Forum :: Other :: General Chat-
Jump to: