Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Against Me! Forum

The Un-Official Against Me! forum, your best source for rare videos, songs and cool people.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Marijuana laws

Go down 
+13
Ross
BradGodfrey
abstract illusion
StoolPigeon
Pants
dustin
e6c
bmc5703
hyperballad
ska_sean
Shawn!
Johnny99
godisdead
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
godisdead
Untouchable
Untouchable
godisdead

Male Number of posts : 495
Cool Points : 6031
Registration date : 2008-04-19

Marijuana laws Empty
PostSubject: Marijuana laws   Marijuana laws Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 6:22 pm

I'm interested to hear from some people from the US on this one. In Canada, its a federal law, but in the States, it varies, if im right? So...
are they strict? Enforced? I can smoke a j pretty much anywhere in Canada without being disciplined. Our weed laws were de-criminalized, but the Conservatives have again categorized it with LSD and ecstacy and meth.
Back to top Go down
Johnny99
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Johnny99

Male Number of posts : 2868
Cool Points : 7810
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Marijuana laws Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marijuana laws   Marijuana laws Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 11:18 am

fucking marijana laws haha,

in ny it is decriminalized a lot now so its pretty much a slap on the wrist and a small fine if your only caught with a small amount. In california and something like 13 other states marijuana is legal to have and grow and in some states legally distributed at dispensaries but in all cases you need a doctors recommendation, which are not too difficult to obtain. however, though these states that have legalized medical pot do not prosecute any marijuana users, sellers, or growers, the federal government still considers these practices illegal and can technically prosecute these people in federal court.. though they rarely do unless you are running a dispensary.

but new jeresey still has some shitty fucking marijuana laws.
hah, i got caught with like .3 of a gram on me there and it cost me like 700 bucks. I think the law is something like anything under 50 grams is the same charge.. which is pretty rediculous.

haha, hope that helped
Back to top Go down
Johnny99
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Johnny99

Marijuana laws Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marijuana laws   Marijuana laws Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 11:20 am

and also i thought that it was completely legalized in British Columbia.. or is it sort of the same thing that California has going?
Back to top Go down
godisdead
Untouchable
Untouchable
godisdead

Marijuana laws Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marijuana laws   Marijuana laws Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 11:32 am

Its not legal in Canada. Because we are a federation, our criminal laws apply to the entire country. No province has authority to create criminal law, whereas in the US, as you said, it can change state by state. BC just happens to have a giant resource pool of pot, and if it were legal there, they would make it rain money.
Back to top Go down
Shawn!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Shawn!

Male Number of posts : 1007
Cool Points : 5936
Registration date : 2008-07-30

Marijuana laws Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marijuana laws   Marijuana laws Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 11:39 am

Here where i live, I kinda hard to get caught with pot unless its a home invasion.
Back to top Go down
ska_sean
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
ska_sean

Male Number of posts : 1792
Cool Points : 6748
Registration date : 2008-04-10

Marijuana laws Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marijuana laws   Marijuana laws Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 11:49 am

in florida they just changed the laws, you could grow up to 200 plants before it was consider a felony, they just changed it to 25.
Back to top Go down
hyperballad
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
hyperballad

Female Number of posts : 3318
Cool Points : 7483
Registration date : 2008-07-17

Marijuana laws Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marijuana laws   Marijuana laws Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 1:44 pm

here's the laws Florida has for Marijuana. I call bullshit on most of them:
http://www.norml.org/index.cfm?wtm_view=&Group_ID=4530

I don't see the problem with legalizing Marijuana at all, as long as it's regulated and people using it are not treated like criminals.
a while back, I was reading an article in the newspaper about how countries with more liberal drug policies often have less cases of drug abuse. one example I remember was this one country in Europe(I think it was Sweden, but I don't remember) legalized drugs, but public restrooms had to have blue lights so if anyone tried using heroin, they wouldn't be able to see their veins.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
bmc5703
Borne on the FM Waves
Borne on the FM Waves
bmc5703

Male Number of posts : 82
Cool Points : 5860
Registration date : 2008-05-04

Marijuana laws Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marijuana laws   Marijuana laws Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 1:32 pm

Decriminalization is on the ballot up here in MA in November. I can't vote, but I'm sure hoping it passes!
Back to top Go down
godisdead
Untouchable
Untouchable
godisdead

Marijuana laws Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marijuana laws   Marijuana laws Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 10:55 am

Best of luck on that. I'll never understand people's fear of weed. It a plant, for christ sakes. If anything the gov't should legalize and regulate it, if they were interested in making any money.
Back to top Go down
e6c
Untouchable
Untouchable
e6c

Male Number of posts : 466
Cool Points : 5872
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Marijuana laws Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marijuana laws   Marijuana laws Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 3:45 pm

Super High Me is a movie you guys should see if you really want an interesting viewpoint (90% of the movie is crap, but the part that has to deal with the legal aspects of owning a shop in california are really interesting)

the main point is even though Calafornia has legalized the sale of marijuana in certified stores, the federal government has not, so the shops still get raided by the DEA/FBI... to be honest it is complete bullshit. The federal government and state government need to work this out, not pick on the little guys.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/e6c
Johnny99
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Johnny99

Marijuana laws Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marijuana laws   Marijuana laws Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 11:08 am

yea super high me was pretty funny also haha.
Back to top Go down
dustin
Borne on the FM Waves
Borne on the FM Waves
dustin

Male Number of posts : 69
Cool Points : 5752
Registration date : 2008-08-16

Marijuana laws Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marijuana laws   Marijuana laws Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 3:34 am

It's a natural plant. Alcohol is much worse for you, and contributes to more problems each year than weed, yet it's legal. It makes no sense.
Back to top Go down
Johnny99
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Johnny99

Marijuana laws Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marijuana laws   Marijuana laws Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 10:11 am

haha, i know it is a natural plant and i know that it isnt very bad for you and i do in fact smoke a lot of pot..
but that defense doesnt really hold up.. haha because there are poisonous plants and stuff that grows all over the earth naturally.

salvia is a natural plant also.. haha and if anyone has ever smoked that shit (which is also 100 percent legal) they know how ridiculously intense it is.
Back to top Go down
Pants
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Pants

Male Number of posts : 3126
Cool Points : 7743
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Marijuana laws Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marijuana laws   Marijuana laws Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 10:38 am

I don't smoke weed, nor do I condone doing drugs of any sort. But marijuana being illegal is stupid. The fact that someone can get jail time for dealing and growing this shit sickens me. It's pretty natural, it grows in the fucking ground. Look at the shit in cigarettes, THAT should be illegal! We are punishing people for smoking it, but I think if someone wants to, he should go ahead and do it, and the law should stay out of it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/cavaliereternal
godisdead
Untouchable
Untouchable
godisdead

Marijuana laws Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marijuana laws   Marijuana laws Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 11:21 am

Legalize drugs.
Back to top Go down
e6c
Untouchable
Untouchable
e6c

Male Number of posts : 466
Cool Points : 5872
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Marijuana laws Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marijuana laws   Marijuana laws Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 2:10 pm

dustin wrote:
It's a natural plant. Alcohol is much worse for you, and contributes to more problems each year than weed, yet it's legal. It makes no sense.

It's a natural plant is a horrible argument... hemlock is a natural plant too.

You also have to think about the ramifications of trying to outlaw something that is already legal... it is very tough to do and enforce. Prohibition is a good example... but even better is the drug Asprin. If Asprin came out today, it would NEVER get FDA approval.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/e6c

Marijuana laws Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marijuana laws   Marijuana laws Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 2:23 pm

its all a result of the course of history.
my theory is that early on, people didnt realize how addictive nicotine was, and saw tobacco as somewhat harmless. the same people did immediately realize how marijuana altered the mind. they saw that as potentially destructive, which eventually led to it being outlawed.

even though i dont smoke pot (and probably never will), i can see where one could make the arguement for legalization.

i mean, its almost completely non-addictive (aside from the fact that you can get emotionally reliant on it).

at the same time, i dont see a pressing need to have it legalized. the way i see it is that most pot smokers never get in trouble with the law because of it.
and some states like california are really lenient about it anyways.
Back to top Go down
dustin
Borne on the FM Waves
Borne on the FM Waves
dustin

Male Number of posts : 69
Cool Points : 5752
Registration date : 2008-08-16

Marijuana laws Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marijuana laws   Marijuana laws Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 4:00 pm

e6c wrote:
dustin wrote:

It's a natural plant is a horrible argument... hemlock is a natural plant too.

You also have to think about the ramifications of trying to outlaw something that is already legal... it is very tough to do and enforce. Prohibition is a good example... but even better is the drug Asprin. If Asprin came out today, it would NEVER get FDA approval.

I'm not saying alcohol should be illegal... i was just pointing out the hypocrisy of weed being illegal, while alcohol is much worse for you and still legal.

And you can't kill anybody with marijuana. I think it should be your choice if you want to smoke weed, since it doesn't hurt anybody.
Back to top Go down
Johnny99
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Johnny99

Marijuana laws Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marijuana laws   Marijuana laws Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 4:05 pm

in the words of katt williams.

"theres nobody ever been proven to die from weed overdose, you might have thought that nigga was dead, but he aint dead he's gonna wake up in 30 minutes hungry enough to eat everything in your entire house, aspirin is perfectly legal but if you take 13 of them mother fuckers it will be your last headache." - katt williams

hahah
Back to top Go down
godisdead
Untouchable
Untouchable
godisdead

Marijuana laws Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marijuana laws   Marijuana laws Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 1:01 pm

that is priceless.
Back to top Go down
StoolPigeon
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
StoolPigeon

Male Number of posts : 6265
Cool Points : 10188
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Marijuana laws Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marijuana laws   Marijuana laws Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 2:51 pm

Johnny99 wrote:
in the words of katt williams.

"theres nobody ever been proven to die from weed overdose, you might have thought that nigga was dead, but he aint dead he's gonna wake up in 30 minutes hungry enough to eat everything in your entire house, aspirin is perfectly legal but if you take 13 of them mother fuckers it will be your last headache." - katt williams

hahah

godisdead wrote:
that is priceless.

(Just had to test out the multi-quote thing...)

Yes. It is priceless. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
abstract illusion
Untouchable
Untouchable
abstract illusion

Cool Points : 5852
Registration date : 2008-09-08

Marijuana laws Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marijuana laws   Marijuana laws Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 4:04 pm

dandangoose wrote:
even though i dont smoke pot (and probably never will)..

THIS is priceless, hahah.
Back to top Go down
BradGodfrey
Untouchable
Untouchable
BradGodfrey

Male Number of posts : 480
Cool Points : 6150
Registration date : 2008-04-20

Marijuana laws Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marijuana laws   Marijuana laws Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 2:51 am

i'm thinking the best way for obama to try to pay down the massive debt he's bringing into the states would be to legalize and tax weed. could you imagine the money that would make!? and they could stop having to pay for people to stay in prison for stupid things like dealing or growing. instead they could be out there making money growing it for a living. like a farmer once said to me... "there is only one profitable crop in the world" why not allow people to make a living of it. in canada especially(highest rate of weed smokers in the world! cheers ) it's not like it's going to cause more people to smoke it.
Back to top Go down
StoolPigeon
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
StoolPigeon

Marijuana laws Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marijuana laws   Marijuana laws Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 8:52 am

If anything, it would drive more people away from it. The only people that smoke weed in Holland are tourists in Amsterdam.
Back to top Go down
StoolPigeon
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
StoolPigeon

Marijuana laws Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marijuana laws   Marijuana laws Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 9:01 am

BradGodfrey wrote:
in canada especially(highest rate of weed smokers in the world! cheers )

Apparently Tanzania is like the third highest consumer of weed in the world. So I'm from the country with the highest, and live in the country with the third highest. XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Marijuana laws Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marijuana laws   Marijuana laws Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marijuana laws
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next