Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.
Against Me! Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Against Me! Forum

The Un-Official Against Me! forum, your best source for rare videos, songs and cool people.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Transgender 2nd Grader

Go down 
+11
Aaron
Ross
Joaquin_Honest
AdamLikesMusic
billy pilgrim
arollo
iloveyourmom
nickno
Sam Jones!
pintsogin
lex
15 posters
AuthorMessage
lex
dictator bastardette
lex

Female Number of posts : 7833
Cool Points : 7588
Registration date : 2008-01-17

Transgender 2nd Grader Empty
PostSubject: Transgender 2nd Grader   Transgender 2nd Grader Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 9:28 pm

So an 8 year old boy in Massachusetts wants to dress up as a girl, and the school let him. I was watching the Bill O'Reilly show, and some lady was saying that she was surprised the parents weren't embarrassed. I was a bit annoyed that she was saying they should be embarrassed, but this bitch is always on the show and she annoys the fuck out of me.
So do you think the kid should have been told not to? Or do you think he should be able to? I think kids should be able to do what they want, but you know that he's going to get made fun of. I guess it's just the parent's job to tell him that he can do what he wants, but that he should expect people to be mean to him. I dunno, it's interesting but I just wanted to write about it because Laura Ingrahm pisses me off.
Back to top Go down
pintsogin
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
pintsogin

Male Number of posts : 3158
Cool Points : 8115
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Transgender 2nd Grader   Transgender 2nd Grader Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 11:02 pm

its what ever i guess. kids 8. no different if he wanted to dress like batman, but just in case better to get this out now instead of letting it bubble up and explode when he's older

btw your title was a bit misleading i actually thought there was an 8 yr old who got a sex change lol.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/people/Nick-Pollard/209701715
lex
dictator bastardette
lex

PostSubject: Re: Transgender 2nd Grader   Transgender 2nd Grader Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 11:07 pm

haha, woops. I'll leave it, give people a little shock.
Back to top Go down
Sam Jones!
Untouchable
Untouchable
Sam Jones!

Female Number of posts : 375
Cool Points : 5958

PostSubject: Re: Transgender 2nd Grader   Transgender 2nd Grader Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 11:54 pm

uh... i think transgender means one sex dresses like the opposite and transsexual is when you have an operation. i could be wrong tho.

i saw this on 20/20 a long time ago i was cool. i thought that it was a good thing for the parents to do that because if you feel like the "opposite" sex that young then when you grow up you can kinda halt the change of life wtih meds. (so it said on the show or whatever) but the parents did fight it at first, and then gave it because they saw how bad it was hurting their kid. but the mom did say "baby if you ever want to go back to being a boy just let me know and you wont have to dress like a girl anymore" they made sure in the class room that only the teacher knew and she was really a he and not any of the kids.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Transgender 2nd Grader   Transgender 2nd Grader Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 12:36 am

I think the parents are doing the right thing by allowing him to dress how he wants. It's weird to think how our "gender" (which is a different meaning than sex) is decided for us from the moment we're born..like girls have to wear pink, boys wear blue. Let the kid dress and act how he feels, and if he changes his mind someday he can go back to being what he was. Live and let live.
Back to top Go down
nickno
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
nickno

Male Number of posts : 1232
Cool Points : 6922
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Transgender 2nd Grader   Transgender 2nd Grader Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 5:43 pm

its deffintly a bitch move to be 'suprised' that the parents of a 8 year old let him dress like a girl..im sure he wasn't wearing a bra and panties (which would be weird, no lie). get it out now and then the kid wont be forced by society to be one way or another when he's older because he has urgest to dress like a women.
Back to top Go down
iloveyourmom
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
iloveyourmom

Male Number of posts : 827
Cool Points : 6331
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Transgender 2nd Grader   Transgender 2nd Grader Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 2:14 am

"Confessing childhood secrets of dressing up in women's clothes. Compulsions you never knew the reasons to."

lol..

Now that I think of it, it reminds of a time I let a girl paint my finger nails and put makeup on me.. She was ecstatic.. She was like, "You'd really let me do that!?" I was like, "I don't care.. Whatever floats your boat.."
Back to top Go down
arollo
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
arollo

Female Number of posts : 2008
Cool Points : 5998
Registration date : 2008-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Transgender 2nd Grader   Transgender 2nd Grader Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 9:28 pm

Girls can choose to wear dresses or trousers, so why shouldn't boys get to choose? On hot days, I often long for a bit of ventilation on me legs.

On an unrelated note, why are you watching Bill O'Reily?
Back to top Go down
lex
dictator bastardette
lex

PostSubject: Re: Transgender 2nd Grader   Transgender 2nd Grader Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 10:32 pm

lol I was waiting for someone to ask me that. My parents are very conservative Republicans, my household is pretty awkward because of this.
Back to top Go down
arollo
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
arollo

Female Number of posts : 2008
Cool Points : 5998
Registration date : 2008-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Transgender 2nd Grader   Transgender 2nd Grader Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 10:43 pm

lex wrote:
lol I was waiting for someone to ask me that. My parents are very conservative Republicans, my household is pretty awkward because of this.

I know how that is. My family consists of staunchly right wing Christians. When I was in high school I dated a middle eastern girl. I wasn't allowed to even mention her name (I forget what it was, which is funny, because you always think these things are so important at the time. Life's really funny.), lest the rest of my family send me to a re-education camp. That was a really great life lesson to have. Depressing, too.
Back to top Go down
billy pilgrim
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
billy pilgrim

Female Number of posts : 1845
Cool Points : 6085

PostSubject: Re: Transgender 2nd Grader   Transgender 2nd Grader Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 7:57 pm

I think his parents are doing a great thing supporting him. If it is a phase then he'll grow out of it, and if it's not then he'll know more about himself when he grows up than he would if he were forced to suppress this. Kids are definitely going to give him shit, as will his other peers when he gets older, but using that as a justification for wanting him to just shut up and dress like a boy is like when people say gay couples shouldn't adopt children because the kids will get laughed at. Yeah, they will, kids can be really mean sometimes. But those kinds of prejudices won't ever change if we try to keep them covered up, you know?
Back to top Go down
AdamLikesMusic
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Drinkin' Irish tonight!

Male Number of posts : 530
Cool Points : 6063
Registration date : 2008-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Transgender 2nd Grader   Transgender 2nd Grader Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 12:05 am

laurendelore wrote:
I think the parents are doing the right thing by allowing him to dress how he wants. It's weird to think how our "gender" (which is a different meaning than sex) is decided for us from the moment we're born..like girls have to wear pink, boys wear blue. Let the kid dress and act how he feels, and if he changes his mind someday he can go back to being what he was. Live and let live.

Not saying I disagree, but a boy wearing pink is a bit different than a boy wearing a girl's attire.

That being said, I don't think it's anybody's business except the families. If the kid wants to wear a dress, and the parents are open to it, I'm all for it.
Back to top Go down
Joaquin_Honest
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Joaquin_Honest

Male Number of posts : 740
Cool Points : 6129
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Transgender 2nd Grader   Transgender 2nd Grader Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 4:04 am

That's awesome! I totally support the kid. I wish I had support when I was 8 but hell, it's eleven years later and still the only person who knows in my family is my sister! Happily, she supports me! My friends do, too, thankfully. More support to the kid, really! If it's just a phase, then as others said, he'll grow out of it. And if not, then, yeah, he'll know more about himself. I think it's really reassuring for him that his parents are being supportive now. Then he probably won't have those stressing teenage years and then some of wondering, "Oh, god, should I tell them now? No. Maybe later. Ever? When they're dead! Yes!"
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jadennny
Ross
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Ross

Male Number of posts : 4628
Cool Points : 7871
Registration date : 2008-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Transgender 2nd Grader   Transgender 2nd Grader Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 9:52 am

That's cool as fuck that he's doing exactly as he wants. Yes, he should be told to expect shit from others, but if he wants to dress like a girl, why the hell not. This IS the 21st Century, I'm frankly appalled that as a species we're not over gender issues yet, never mind racism.
Back to top Go down
lex
dictator bastardette
lex

PostSubject: Re: Transgender 2nd Grader   Transgender 2nd Grader Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 10:12 am

I know. It's the most simple thing, I don't understand how people can't just accept it.
Back to top Go down
Aaron
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Aaron

Male Number of posts : 3490
Cool Points : 9215
Registration date : 2009-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Transgender 2nd Grader   Transgender 2nd Grader Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 5:01 am

iloveyourmom wrote:
"Confessing childhood secrets of dressing up in women's clothes. Compulsions you never knew the reasons to."

lol..

How the shit did we not realise?!
Back to top Go down
Raccoon
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Raccoon

Male Number of posts : 1538
Cool Points : 6674
Registration date : 2008-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Transgender 2nd Grader   Transgender 2nd Grader Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 9:08 pm

The amount of time you spend dedicated to digging through this forum is absolutely both impressive and amazing at the same time.

I remember when you first showed up and asked questions about your signature picture.
Back to top Go down
Aaron
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Aaron

PostSubject: Re: Transgender 2nd Grader   Transgender 2nd Grader Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 4:23 am

Razz

What was my signature at the time?
Back to top Go down
Raccoon
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Raccoon

Male Number of posts : 1538
Cool Points : 6674
Registration date : 2008-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Transgender 2nd Grader   Transgender 2nd Grader Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 3:47 pm

I don't even remember. Something anime related, I believe. You were just asking if the sizing was okay or something ahaha.
Back to top Go down
Jersey89
Untouchable
Untouchable
Jersey89

Female Number of posts : 319
Cool Points : 4857
Registration date : 2011-12-31

PostSubject: Re: Transgender 2nd Grader   Transgender 2nd Grader Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 5:59 pm

I don't know if it's just me but in the last few months I've noticed a lot of Transgender stuff in the media. Maybe it's just because of Laura that I pay more attention but there are a lot of documentaries on tv and it's mentioned in the news and discussed in different shows. I really like how it get's more public and people get educated about it.

Back to top Go down
Aaron
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior
Aaron

PostSubject: Re: Transgender 2nd Grader   Transgender 2nd Grader Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 6:50 pm

There was this teacher in the UK that went back to school after transitioning. The Daily Mail wrote a horrible piece about her in the paper, for no reason, and she killed herself...

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/local-news/teacher-due-begin-new-term-1767749

I think journalists don't realise that this shit is real.
Back to top Go down
cooljayhu
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
cooljayhu

Male Number of posts : 1492
Cool Points : 7088
Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Transgender 2nd Grader   Transgender 2nd Grader Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 7:29 pm

The Daily Mail is just the fucking worst.
Back to top Go down
Jersey89
Untouchable
Untouchable
Jersey89

Female Number of posts : 319
Cool Points : 4857
Registration date : 2011-12-31

PostSubject: Re: Transgender 2nd Grader   Transgender 2nd Grader Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 5:09 am

I don't get why people would even write something bad about gender dysphoria and I don't understand how anyone in the world can't just accept that people feel that way and if they don't understand it that's fine but does everyone always have to act like an idiot and make others feel bad for what they are and want to be. I know people do that all the time but it makes me really angry.

Even my great grand mother who is over 90years old accepts that. There's a woman living in her hourse that had two grown up sons and now one of her sons is her daughter and I talked to my great grandmother about it and she said she didn't know people could feel that way and she can't relate to it at all but she said that the daughter is really nice and that's all that matters to her. And it's not even an issue around there. I think if older people that grew up in world war and had a very strict education can leave transgender people alone why can't other people do that too?
That's going to bother me for the rest of the weekend... Mad
Back to top Go down
Various Artists
Untouchable
Untouchable
Various Artists

Male Number of posts : 265
Cool Points : 4978
Registration date : 2011-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Transgender 2nd Grader   Transgender 2nd Grader Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 2:58 pm

Do you know what the fucking Daily mail's response to the forced suicide of that teacher was??

Quote :
“It is regrettable that this tragic death should now be the subject of an orchestrated [attack on us], fanned by individuals... with agendas to pursue.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Transgender 2nd Grader   Transgender 2nd Grader Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Transgender 2nd Grader
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Against Me! Forum :: Other :: Discussions-
Jump to: